R.S. Arrow Mark

1888 - 1893

There are two parts to this mark, a squashed ellipse and an arrow. The former is thought to be a mining symbol, the latter a weapons symbol. Both mining and weapon making were activities at the Lauter forge, which was later acquired by Reinhold Schlegelmilch and converted to a porcelain factory in 1869. Various sizes of this mark may be found in the colors black, blue, and red. How early the mark was used is uncertain, but it was not used later than 1894.

Roll over image to view.