R.S. Prussia Steeple Mark

1900 - 1904

This RS Steeple logo, trademarked in Germany in 1898, was used in combination with "Prussia" and "Germany." The mark notes the addition of the Tillowitz factory by the initials S and T. The steeple with cross on top may be a reference to a Lutheran influence, for according to R.H. Capers, the firm constructed a Lutheran Church, School, and small hospital at Tillowitz. (Capers Notes on the Marks of Prussia, 1996) The marks in green, blue, and red were used from 1899 up to about 1904. The mark in gold had spurious use up to 1913.

Roll over image to view.